Wednesday 26 October 2011

Should I feel bad about wanting to change my major from business management?

In College in my 1st 2 years I was an undeclared major and took most of the general courses. This year I took most of the business courses and didn't do so well in them because I found them difficult and just didn't enjoy it.



I want to change my major to sports management because I have a joy for sports big time and it would be something I want to do



I go to Rutgers-Newark now and would have to transfer to change it. I keep reading about how good the business school is and how much money you can make with business management and it makes me feel bad. I'm just not enjoying it or performaning well in it though and figured I'd do something like Sports Management at another school since they don't have it here which I enjoy more



I'm going to miss being able to say %26quot;you go to Rutgers%26quot; because of the name but want to do something that'd I'd enjoy doing



should I feel bad about it?
Should I feel bad about wanting to change my major from business management?
You shouldn't feel bad about it but you should make sure you're doing this for the right reasons and have thought it through.



If your main reason for the change is that you're thinking your grades will suddenly jump up because you're changing to another program that might interest you more, you might find that's not the case. Every program has its own challenges and programs that just aren't interesting, what makes the experience valuable is learning how to drive yourself over the finish line.



I agree with haleyr89, you should talk this over with someone in the career center.
Should I feel bad about wanting to change my major from business management?
You should be sure that you really want to do this major before you transfer to another school. Ultimately, you should do what makes you happy, no matter what university you're at, but be careful that you aren't doing this on a whim. Maybe it would help to talk to someone in the career center.
no. You don't want to end up doing something you hate for the rest of your life.