Wednesday 26 October 2011

I would like to use my middle name as my last name on all acting projects. Help!!?

I am a new actress and I am using my birth middle name as my last name on all projects. I do not want anyone in the business to associate me with my old last name. Does that mean i have to legally change my last name to my middle name on all documents?



For example I got a check for some work I did. Since it was a feature I wanted only my middle name on file. I tried to deposit the check into my bank account but unfortunately I was not able to do so.



How do I only use my middle name on all projects and still keep my last name for private things such as getting paid etc...
I would like to use my middle name as my last name on all acting projects. Help!!?
The above is good info. Also, if you're going to continue using this name as your professional name, you could open an account with a dba, i.e. Jane Marie Smith dba Jane Marie.
I would like to use my middle name as my last name on all acting projects. Help!!?
No, you don't have to legally change your name. Look at all of the celebirties that have fake names: 50 Cent, Fergie, Miley Cyrus. They don't use their real names and I doubt they go through that much trouble to do so.
kjgh
No you don't have to leaglly change your name many celeberties you either a stage name or there first name (ex. Rihanna, Raven Simone -- she used to only use her first name, Miley Cryus was really Destiny Hope) On your resume put the name you want to be called.
You first endorse the check in your stage name,

then underneath endorse it in your legal name.

It's like a second party check.

The Bank might wait longer for it to clear, but

you can deposit the check.

(They can refuse to cash it if you don't have funds to cover it.)

If they refuse, see an officer and explain the situation.

They have to accept the check for deposit

if you have an account with them.
  • affordable laptop repair
  • programming
  •