Wednesday 26 October 2011

Is my email address appropriate for business and other professional uses?

The primary email address I use is dubc82. Its basically like spelling my initials wc out. I know how companies and possibly universities look negatively on email addresses that are inappropriate. I know this isn't bad, but should I create one with my name to use. I don't want to change it because I have so many things set-up on it and it would be a hassle to change.
Is my email address appropriate for business and other professional uses?
That email would be fine for professional use because it doesn't mean anything, much less anything potentially offensive, but you still might consider obtaining a new e-mail just for school/work purposes so that you don't have to sort important emails from spam and all of the other e-mails you already get.
Is my email address appropriate for business and other professional uses?
It's fine. Most companies do not care about your personal email. Your work email is obviously going to follow work standards.



For business, I would probably avoid a yahoo account since it will have little ads at the bottom. I don't find that very professional.
Using an email address tagged with %26quot;yahoo.com%26quot; or %26quot;gmail.com%26quot; makes you look very small time in business. Not using your full name or atleast a version thereof can be very confusing to clients, i.e. jdoe, john.doe, etc.