Wednesday 26 October 2011

Modern Metal Masterpieces (part4, Thrash Attack!)?

Well, I figured since I had started doing a series of questions to highlight early Metal, in my %26quot;Classic Heavy Metal Replays%26quot;, that I should also likewise showcase that greatness that is to be found in much of today's metal too. I dislike the newer Metalheads trashing the classics..but just as lame is the older crowd whining that there is %26quot;No Good Metal Anymore%26quot;. This is attempt to show them how rich and diverse Modern Metal really is. I'll be focusing mostly on POST-2000 Metal.



MANTIC RITUAL - EXECUTIONER (February 27th, 2009)

One by One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6qDKtFAI鈥?/a>

Black Tar Sin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0AzsphfQ鈥?/a>

Souls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zqGqFUN4鈥?/a>

Panic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmtxo3U4p鈥?/a>

Double the Blood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPIOI8nzk鈥?/a>



Executioner is the one Thrash debut in the modern Thrash movement that put me in mind of Megadeth's %26quot;Killing is My Business ..... and Business is Good%26quot; in terms of sheer speed and agression in place of all other concerns. I would rate teh overall sound somewhere between early Megadeth and Nuclear Assault.. The album was originally releaesed under teh name Meltdown, but the band changed names due to the preponderance of bands with said name.



MQ- THoughts and Opinions?

MQ2- Know of any ither bands that got to release the same EXACT album twice (well..besides Slayer? =P)



BQ- For tomorrrows Classic Heavy Metal Replay..pick a year between 1979 and 1985 you would like me to feature a band from?

(I have about 10 options I am juggling for each year besides the rather obvious bands, and really am having trouble deciding which way to go.)



and yesterday's band..which is still open.... http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>



******** Also, I have added some of my contacts/friends to a mass Email list, to simplify things. Plus it allows me to do more then send a generic %26quot;you have received a message%26quot; crap from Y!A. If you like the questions, and finding more bands and such, email me ( if you choose) and give me your normal email, and I'll add you to the list. Also, if my constant emails bug you..let me know too. Thanks.
Modern Metal Masterpieces (part4, Thrash Attack!)?
you definitely built up my anticipation for this



well, I think i've heard Mantic Ritual before, but i dont remember it, so i'll pretend they are new. you are right about the aggression shown here...i always like abit of heavy anger in my music....and i think the KIMB comparison is valid



so far, i really like Black Tar Sin, love the tempo and vocals. Riffing is frantic, but not simple either. Drumming I didn't really notice as great of bad...but pretty solid nonetheless. Th solos haven't really stood out either, but after a couple listens, they are ok. I suppose the point of this album is to be that aggressive badass band anyways.



ohhh, Panic is pretty awesome as well...liking this



hmmm, I really like this band, in fact I may prefer it to Evile as modern thrash bands go (need a few more listens to confirm that though)



MA: ^^^^

MA2: i have to think about that..i know some albums with pretty much the same songs, but released under a different name

BA: 1982



***well, I like KIMB because it is an aggressive/speed based album, but it also has its fair share of good riffs too. yes, the lyrics are pretty immature * mechanix*, but there are also thought provoking songs like Looking down the cross which i feel could have been on any of their later albums without being out of place
Modern Metal Masterpieces (part4, Thrash Attack!)?
Check out the song, The Punisher by Eliminator (2008). It is an epic Thrash Metal song!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH1xVbgdG鈥?/a>
I like it, its really nice to know that there are still some bands out there.



Hmmm.. Metallica's Load, Reload thing; both were pretty much the same. Right now thats all I can think of. Then again Cannibal Corpse; is another one.



I stumbled on this, Violator's Chemical Assault;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X8UTv08f鈥?/a>
MA: Maybe it was the anticipation you built up, maybe it was good music, i don't know. Mantic Ritual is now features as one of my favorite thrash metal bands. Period.





BA: 1982
MA: Ah yes, Mantic Ritual. I've mentioned a bit around here a long time ago. I've been following them since their Meltdown debut and I've still got their original Meltdown release. They're pretty solid. Really aggressive and catchy riffs, and the vocals are somewhat dynamic too. But they don't bring anything much new to the already overfilled thrash table. And, the album does get a bit monotonous towards the end.



MA: Really? Slayer? I don't think they ever released the same album twice. And no, I'm not exactly defending Slayer either. Hell, I wish they released Show No Mercy ten times instead of of the blasphemies they've been releasing for the past 12+ years. Anyways, I'm going offtrack.



I though Vital Remains released very similar albums with Dechristianize and Icons Of Evil. A little too similar...



BA: 1981. I don't have much knowledge of that year.
F*cking %26quot;this video will start in 15%26quot; second thing... at least put better music during the ad!!!!! lol





wow, I'm surprised, I really really liked it. *sigh* I'm never good at elaborating as to why I like it... I just do. One by One was my fav of the ones you posted, and I will be looking into this band. again, *sigh* too many freaking bands to %26quot;look in to%26quot;... at least schools over now, so I'll have more time.



MQ2: it's not metal, but Billy Talent released their album Watoosh! once when they had the namd Pezz, and then again when they renamed themselves Billy Talent... although I like to pretend the album doesn't exist because I love BT, but not that album.



BQ: I guess 1985... just because 5 is fun to say in German. %26quot;funf%26quot;... even more fun saying 555, 555. %26quot;funfhundredfunfundfunfzigthousand funfhundredfunfundfunfzig%26quot; (it's written as one word, but Y!A replaces the last bit of it with ... if I do that)





*hey, Melodeth always has room for more, lol. you know what, I'm gonna start a new Q series... and hopefully I can stick with it longer than I did with most.
These guys are one of the new school thrash bands.....i have that album... i like it..nice tight musicianship...but i dont understand the aim of these bands (evile among them)....they just try to copy the old school thrash..i mean what's the point!!! we can always listen to the old bands...and most of those old bands have released remastered versions of their not so well produced albums....i dont see why a band should try to copy the same style (unless u want to be a cover band)....you know...so many riffs of these new thrash bands sound so much like riffs from the old bands....it's the duty of a musician to find his/her own voice...a band should have their own style ( i know not every band in the world is unique but that's what every band should think like..according to me)



coming back to the songs...my fav song out of the 4 is the One by One....



MA2 : Slayer released an album twice!!..which one?...anyway..i would pick Testament's 'First Strike Still Deadly'...i dont think this qualifies though...few of their old songs were played again in the studio and put into this album



BA : do 1984 :)





***MA2 : oh like that :D hmm....Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales %26amp; To Mega Therion...im not complaining though..both were brilliant!





****im not saying prog is the only way to make innovative music...i agree with u on the fun part..
MA: I like it, its fast, and does remind me of very early Metallica or Megadeth (KEA / KIMB) I'd like to see where they go from here, considering this is only the debut album.

MA2: Any two Nickelback songs sound pretty much the same. It wouldn't be a stretch to extend that to their albums.



BA: 1981 seems like a good year
brings nothing new to the party but it's alright, i like it



if remasters count pretty much everyone

if not no
MA: Peaches Dude I love Em, awesome Thrash attack!! \mm/ !!! They are killer!

MA2: Not really

BA: 1981
I have had this album for about a year. I have really enjoyed it. I bought in making the largest CD haul I ever made (I bought 138 CDs in one order, I know music is my drug and I was on a binge) and it was one of the stand outs. I did really like the energy of this album.



I am not going ot comment song to song this time because I am exhausted and I am trying to get caught up on the questions but it won't happen (busy weekend and I have a cook on vacation and two large catering functions on top of regular business.)



MQ2: the Japanese band X.Y.Z.-%26gt;A released their album Wings under the name Asian Typhoon in north america.



BQ: go with 1983.