Wednesday 26 October 2011

Potential problem with PayPal? Need advice and guidance.?

Hello



I opened a PayPal account about a year ago under a fictitious name. Some things to know ahead of time... I made this PayPal account for the mere purpose of having a place to put my funds. What started as $1 a month has grown into something like $10-15 a week. Being unverified and unlinked to a bank account, I am able to accept money going in, but I can never withdraw or send money out. I was talking to my mom about this and she said that we would open up a bank account and link it to my PayPal once I reach $100, but I just didn't want to wait anymore so over the weekend I opened up a checking account at a local bank (I'm 18). Now here is the problem, my PayPal name and the name I used when I opened my bank account (my legal name) obviously won't match up. Will this be a problem when I am trying to connect my PayPal account to my bank account? I tried to do a name change through PayPal, but even after giving them the required information I am still unable to change my name. I hear that you can change your name if you upgrade to a business account, but I don't know how that works.



Can anyone offer me any advice on what I should/can do? At this point I just want to take whatever funds I have out and put it into my dad's PayPal account so that I can actually withdraw the money. Afterwards I'll close the PayPal account and start fresh using my real name, but until then I need to find a way to fix this problem.



Thanks for reading,



-Tony
Potential problem with PayPal? Need advice and guidance.?
%26quot;Will this be a problem?%26quot; You bet it will. You will not be able to change the NAME on your PayPal account.



What you should do is log into your PayPal account and request them to mail you a check for the balance in that account. They will mail it to the fake name and to the address you have on PayPal. So if you gave a fake address, change it on PayPal before you request the check. You CAN change your address, but not your NAME.



Then when the check comes with the fake name on it, just endorse the back %26quot;for deposit only%26quot; and sign the fake name and give it to your mom. She can deposit it into her checking account and the bank will probably put a %26quot;hold%26quot; on the funds for a week or so. Then she can write a check on her account for the amount and give you the money.