Wednesday 26 October 2011

Changed company name, cheque recieved in previous name, how can I cash it.?

I was the managing director of a limited company, this company was forced to close due to unpaid invoices. Mainly from one company that went into liquidation, I closed the limited company and at present operate from the same premises as a sole trader. I have received a cheque from the postmaster general in final settlement of money owed to the company that I owned and closed. The cheque is made out to my previous company that no longer exists . How can I pay this cheque into the bank of my present sole trader business?
Changed company name, cheque recieved in previous name, how can I cash it.?
You can't. You'll have to request a new cheque. They'll ask you for proof of closure of the old business and confirmation (VAT %26amp; registration number) of the new one. Your gonna be waiting a while for your cash...
  • cat
  • healthy hair
  •