Friday 7 October 2011

How do i change my old website files to be visible under my new Domain name?

Hi there, i just dropped my old domain address and bought myself a new domain name for my business, have uploaded all of my %26quot;old%26quot; website files to my new domain's public_html via cPanel and Fetch (OSX user) , but i am having a heck of a time figuring out how to change my index.php and the rest of my files to point towards my new domain address. I have gone into the code, found and replaced some, but haven't found all. I was wondering if there's a tool or trick i can use that would search all my files and replace the old address with the new. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!
How do i change my old website files to be visible under my new Domain name?
I'm not sure what you mean exactly? Do you mean you can't see the changes? Delete your cache. If you are meaning changing redirects, all you have to do is %26lt;a href=%26quot;index2.php%26quot;%26gt;Click here to go to my house%26lt;/a%26gt; instead of the full url.