Wednesday 26 October 2011

Should I feel bad about wanting to change my major from business management?

In College in my 1st 2 years I was an undeclared major and took most of the general courses. This year I took most of the business courses and didn't do so well in them because I found them difficult and just didn't enjoy it.



I want to change my major to sports management because I have a joy for sports big time and it would be something I want to do



I go to Rutgers-Newark now and would have to transfer to change it. I keep reading about how good the business school is and how much money you can make with business management and it makes me feel bad. I'm just not enjoying it or performaning well in it though and figured I'd do something like Sports Management at another school since they don't have it here which I enjoy more



I'm going to miss being able to say %26quot;you go to Rutgers%26quot; because of the name but want to do something that'd I'd enjoy doing



should I feel bad about it?
Should I feel bad about wanting to change my major from business management?
%26quot; I found them difficult and just didn't enjoy it. %26quot;



By saying this its fairly obvious. The main purpose of choosing a major and/or a job is to be able to enjoy and be good at it. If you don't enjoy it or if it's excessively difficult, then its best not to go there. Never feel bad that you're running away from the money. If you're happy doing it then stick with it.



We know that you've already spent a few years of hard work and craziness in the business area, but don't build on something you don't like.



Change now, the earlier the better.