Wednesday 21 September 2011

What do you think I should change my name to?

I am of Cuban heritage and have a very hispanic sounding name. It is usually massacred terribly by people who don't already know me. It is sometimes difficult for people to pronounce and spell even. Therefore most people call me Millie, which is clever since I am interested in drama and want to get by BFA in musical theater. (Millie= Thoroughly Modern Millie, its a musical.) At auditions I usually get, %26quot;oh like Thoroughly Modern Millie?%26quot; Which is just another helpful way to get noticed in this business.



So, my first name isn't that much of a mystery although my last name is a little different and quite inelegant at times.



Full name: Milaimys %26quot;Millie%26quot; Castellon



I've thought of changing my name to Millie Castets, Castex, Castel... or to something completely different like Ruz or Verdegi cause they're variations of my grandparents' and great grandparents' surnames.



I've basically run out of ideas now...so how about you?

Have any other suggestions?



Thanks in advance.
What do you think I should change my name to?
Stick to your name, I think it's pretty unique. There are a billion Millies out there. But not so many Milaimys! I like your name and I don't encourage you to change it. People already call you Millie, so why change it?
What do you think I should change my name to?
Millie Castellon sounds fine to me.



It's not like it's hard to pronounce or anything. Castel, Ruz, or Verdegi all work as well but I think you should be proud of your name.