Saturday 24 September 2011

How to explain to old friends that I changed my name legally to my mom and stepdad's last name?

I am going home for the summer in a few weeks from school and was wondering how to explain to old friends from high school and stuff when they see me about how I changed my name. I am sure it will come up since it was listed under legal briefs in the local paper. We live in a small town of about 10,000 where everyone knows everyone else's business to an extent. I just don't want it to be this long, drawn out explanation of why.
How to explain to old friends that I changed my name legally to my mom and stepdad's last name?
Just tell them you thought it was the right thing to do, or you just wanted to, JUST BECAUSE. There shouldn't have to be a reason for everything, just say, because I felt like it!! Lol. If it were me, I'd tell everyone it was because I wanted to. No reason, I just wanted to. :)
How to explain to old friends that I changed my name legally to my mom and stepdad's last name?
Change it by deed poll.
How did you explain it to your birth father?