Wednesday 21 September 2011

How do I change the name of my town?

I live in a small rural town that has been economic %26amp; socially depressed for a number of years. There are business groups trying to revitalize the town but I feel a marketing change is really needed and want to change the name of the town to appeal as a tourist destination and eliminate negativity associated from other neighbouring towns.



I talked with the city attorney and he told me I need to start a campaign and present an agenda to city council to get interests started. My question is...how do I go about all of this? I know I can create a PP and blog, but I'm clueless after that. Has anyone dealt with something like this before?
How do I change the name of my town?
The city attorney is right. If the town is depressed - how many use the internet? Only a door to door campaign would work.



Don't use the name Obama - if he fails (and he surely will) - your town might become a ghost town.