Wednesday 21 September 2011

I have a website but I want to change the name, How can I change it without getting ?

The RE-DIRECTING message? I'm starting from scratch and don't want bad people that found me online to find me again...and besides it's a different business idea



Thanks!
I have a website but I want to change the name, How can I change it without getting ?
You don't want bad people to find it? The point of a website is to get as many people to find it as possible.
I have a website but I want to change the name, How can I change it without getting ?
If it is a totally different business idea then it should not be hard at all, and if I were you I would do the following:



1a. Have a friend or family member register the domain for you and turn on the privacy setting so the WHOIS system cannot retrieve your personal information and display it in full for the rest of the world to see.



or



1b. Switch website hosting service provide to another company if you cannot have someone else register for you. Of course, do not forget to turn on the privacy settings so the WHOIS system will not display your information to the public.



or



1c. If you are really concern, and you are having another person, who can keep a secret, registering the website for you, then consider switching service provider in addition to having another person %26quot;owns%26quot; the website.



2. Do not post any message regarding %26quot;moving%26quot; because it will be the same as telling the bad people that %26quot;Hey, I am moving and come hunt me down again%26quot; (if she is stalking you for so long I am sure she will find a %26quot;moving message%26quot; arousing). You should simply let the current domain runs until it expires and work on your new domain like it is a brand new one (forget about the old one).



2. When you mention yourself as the owner on the website, use a %26quot;do business as%26quot; name. For example, if your real name is Amy then use a totally different name like Julietta because it increases the difficulties for the bad people to recognize you. Also, register a %26quot;do business as%26quot; name for your business, so your personal information will not be shown unless you explicitly let it be displayed.



3. Use a different naming convention when you are creating your domain name and let the name reflect your business instead of you. For example, if you're old website was a shopping website called Shopaholic, then your new one shouldn't be called Chocoholic simply because your new business is selling chocolate. You probably should consider getting rid of the %26quot;holic%26quot; endings and come up with something like: Cocoalover.



4. Do not go back to the old place to advertise your website because chances are the bad people are still searching those old spots for your presence. Use the marketing tools that your provider has in-house to help promote your website.



5. Do not communicate with old customers as the old owner. Since you are starting a totally brand new business idea then you shouldn't contact your old customers to talk about because you will never know if they are the bad people's club!



6. Be caution whenever someone is asking for your real identity! Do you reveal it unless you are absolutely and 100% sure that the other end of the computer isn't bad people.



That's all I could think of. I may miss a point or two, but hopefully you will still get the idea.