Saturday 24 September 2011

I have a small successful business and in the New Year am changing the name and image.....?

this is something that I have always wanted to do. Problem is I don鈥檛 know where to go from here. I have a new name, logo and stationary that I will not be using until Jan 1st. The problem is with my website. It is going to get a slight revamp, obviously the name and logo will be changed and the. Co.uk will be new.



Do I buy the new name now (it is available!) and start advertising it so it starts appearing on search engines sooner rather than later. Can I also start listing it on free websites? Does it make sense to buy the name and have a page there saying launching in Jan 2010? I really don鈥檛 know how to go about this- any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I have a small successful business and in the New Year am changing the name and image.....?
At the very least buy the domain name now, otherwise somebody else might! For what it costs, which is practically nothing do that now, January is not far away.



In the interim you can have the site pointing to your existing one, or with coming soon on your homepage with a link to your existing site.



As the site doesn't exist yet then it's not worth paying to list it or advertise it anywhere else yet, what you should do in the interim is work out exactly where you are going to list it, open a google ad words account work out how you are going to drive traffic to the site via your marketing funnel (look that up) etc.
I have a small successful business and in the New Year am changing the name and image.....?
I'm not sure why you want to change something that's working well for you but as long as you make sure all your existing customers know what you're doing and you run a campaign that advises potential customers of the change you should be all right (a bit like Norwich Union did before they became Aviva).



Buy your domain name now and start to link it to your current name. Make sure your home page on the new site has all its keywords on it so that the spiders can pick it up. Give visitors some information on there about what you do and you can link it to your existing site until you've completed the transition.



Good luck!
sorry i am bit rude in my answers but there is some Q in my mind



1. why you want to change ur business name when your business is doing well??????



2. you have small successful business right, there is greater possibility if you change you

brand NAME might be it will shake ur customer base



3. how much money u willing to spend for market communication post changes



I DO NT THINK ITS A GOOD IDEA AT ALL U CAN CHANGE THE BRAND LOOK BUT THERE IS NO NEED TO CHANGE NAME.
Hello Love.



The company i work for actually help small business' like your self advertise online on major websites that attract really high viewers, if you drop me an email I can send you all the relevant info and will be able to help you.