Saturday 24 September 2011

I briefly worked for a company, but quit. They have not paid me, despite my calls. How do I make them do so?

It was my first job out of college, so when something didn't feel right, I thought it was just me, however, I have recently found out that this company not only scams their employees out of their paychecks, but they scam customers. They're called Cambridge/ Empire/ and Manchester Who's Who, and they change their name and location often. When I worked there, they were based in a nice office building in Uniondale, (Long Island) NY. I recently heard the people in management positions don't even use their real names. The business claims to be a well-known and respected networking tool for business professionals. They have already been reported to the Better Business Bureau, and the complaints are staggering. Check them out:

http://ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff21鈥?/a>



http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p=312鈥?/a>



http://www.newyork.bbb.org/reports/busin鈥?/a>



How do I get them to pay me what I'm owed? They keep dodging me.
I briefly worked for a company, but quit. They have not paid me, despite my calls. How do I make them do so?
Contact your department of labor. They have a division (sometimes called wage and workplace standards or something similar). They will have a form for you to fill out. They will contact the company and inquire why you havent been paid (something the company doesnt want to happen).



So... contact the DOL of your state and let them help you.
I briefly worked for a company, but quit. They have not paid me, despite my calls. How do I make them do so?
Your state has a dept of labor. they will take your statement and file a report. The companies will usually pay vs fighting the state.
Good luck... you're not going to like to hear this, but you may never see that paycheck.



I would start by leaving a phone message that your laywer uncle is going to sue their pants off, then fololowed up by a letter from this imaginary lawyer uncle stating that you're going to take them to court if they don't pay up ASAP.



If that doesn't get their attention, take them to small claims court. The court will issue them a summons, if they can find them.
I quit a job once and they refused to pay me.

It was a hotel.

I just went to the main lobby where their customers were and started telling all who would listen that this company refused to pay me for my work.

I was very loud and obnoxious.

After about 3 minutes of this ...They paid me cash just to get rid of me. If that don't work ...PICKET the main office and call your local newspaper or TV news station to be sure their will be live news coverage. Embarrassment may make them cough up your paycheck.
colins right but head to law court anyway it might work



hope you get payed
call the state labor board, make a formal complaint.or go to small claims ,