Wednesday 21 September 2011

Is your credit attached to your name or your social security?

Say I changed my name legally is my credit wiped or does it follow me? (I want it to follow me not tryna escape bad credit please no responses on how to fix my credit I have amazing credit thank you though)



Also if I have a business under my current name does it change with me when I change names, same with diplomas and such, and police wrap sheets. Everything should follow my name change right?
Is your credit attached to your name or your social security?
There is actually a law that makes it illegal for the credit bureaus to use the SSN as the key to your records. Life would be easier if this were not the case; this is the reason so many family members get their information crossed with relatives. It can only be used as secondary information to confirm identity (a distinction only a lawyer could enjoy).



Remember that the courts don't notify anybody of anything. that's your responsibility. You will make your life easier if you notify each bureau directly by sending them a copy of the court order.



As for the other stuff, you will have to request transcripts under your old name. Colleges will not issue you a new diploma in the name of someone who never went there. The opportunities for fraud are too great.
Is your credit attached to your name or your social security?
Its under your social security man!



There could be thousands of people with the same name as you! Your social is what is being affected here.
If you change your name, it will appear under the same social in your credit reports.

If you change your social, a new section on your credit report will be formed called.

Other Identification, which will tell creditors to check the other ss number.

/
yeah it's under your ssn, fool. You can go ahead and change your ssn but your old one will still be on your credit report. I used to see this all the time working as a debt collector where idiots tried to change ssn but EVERY social security number you have EVER had will be listed on your Credit. Also this is called FRAUD.





**the credit thing wasn't directed at you or whatever credit you have. I was just making a point to say that your social will follow you. I really don't care what you're running from I was just saying the facts.
Changing your name does not %26quot;wipe out your debts.%26quot;
Actually, it's both. Accessing your credit with your social security number is easier, but it can be done using your name without your social security number. That's one of the reasons there are so many errors on credit files.



No, you cannot change your social security number, except for very unusual circumstances. Changing your name is not one of them.



If you change your name, it will be entirely your responsibility to notify the credit bureaus, social security, creditors, bank accounts, etc. The credit bureaus will add the new name and the old name will remain as an AKA. Some things, like school records, will remain in the old name.
  • xp
  • AJAX in .net
  •