Wednesday 21 September 2011

How do I change the name of the main folder thing on my computer?

I took my laptop to a shop and got ripped off by having them charge me $150 and erase my laptop without my consent, and then re do everything again without my consent. And the main part of my computer now says Jassica-PC/Jassica



I was able to change the name to Jessica-PC, but the main folder still says Jassica and it won't just let me rename. It's the folder that holds all documents in my Desktop, Pictures, Favorites, Contacts, etc..how can I change it to say %26quot;Jessica%26quot;.



P.S. I reported the shop to the better business bureau, not very happy with them.
How do I change the name of the main folder thing on my computer?
You can not. It is a system folder. If you did manage to change it you would trash the system. Your only way is to create a user called Jessica as an administrator. You will then need to log in as that user and right click the other folder, then select security and advanced. Take ownership of the folder and give yourself full access to it, turning on the all subfolders check box. Then copy all your files from it to your own Documents folder. After this check you have everything and then delete the user Jassica
  • connecting database
  • Blankets
  •