Wednesday 21 September 2011

I am trying to change the name people see when they get email from me how do I do that?

when I send an email my reciepents see the my name as the one I orginally set up when I set up my yahoo account I want to change the name they see how do I do this? When I went to Yahoo Help I got the results I needed however when I hit the link it went to small business help and that was of no help - Thank you in advance for your help
I am trying to change the name people see when they get email from me how do I do that?
To change the outgoing Email Name



? Click on Options

? Click on Mail Options

? Click on Accounts

? Add or Edit an Account

Under Mail Accounts

? Click on Edit

Under General Preferences %26gt; Name and Email

? Change your name in ----- From name:

? Click on Save



Try this. It didn't work the first time I tried, seems to work now
I am trying to change the name people see when they get email from me how do I do that?
I had this same problem and actually had to get a response from yahoo help to figure this out. The Help page was no help at all....

Here is what i was told, and it worked for me.

In your Yahoo Mail, go to the OPTIONS drop down menu and select MAIL OPTIONS. ON the left side of your screen you should see some options to choose from, choose ACCOUNTS. In the main screen you will see some text and at the bottom will be an option to ADD OR EDIT AN ACCOUNT. Choose this and edit your information. When you restart your web browser and go back into your yahoo mail it will show your updated information. Hope this helps!
Open options on the mail page and enter preferences. Change the from field.