Friday 16 September 2011

Married Name Change?

I was married two weeks ago and I have changed my last name to his. I don't want to come across as an overbearing former bridezilla shouting out to the world that I was married and have a new name. What is the best way to inform my business contacts of the name change-- How can I do this tastefully and professionally?
Married Name Change?
You must have handed out many business cards.. It is not easy to handle such a situation I say get new cards made and hand them out and explain if anyone asks that you are newly married and just want them to have updated info..
Married Name Change?
make new buisness cards...
SEND A LETTER OR EMAIL TO ALL OF YOUR CONTACT SAYING THAT YOU HAVE HAD A NAME CHANGE AND YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE CALLED BY THAT NAME INSTEAD OF YOUR MAIDEN NAME.
After I got divorced I decided to keep my married name cuz it was just too much trouble to change it back. I know lots of people that keep their maiden names cuz it just makes business sense. I think you should use a hyphenated name for a while and then you can ease into the married name. Its complicated so think about it before you do it.
Send a letter and/or email to them, simply stating you are now married and from this point forward please address you as Mrs......
its totally normal. people get married everyday around the world and change there names. which ever way you decide to do it, you wont sound overbearring. trust me. i think people will actually be nicer to you. everyone likes to hear the yet another person in the world has found that beautiful, yet undescribable and wierd thing called %26quot;love%26quot;. You'll see.
There is no need to announce it to the world. Have new business cards made, hand them out in business situations and explain the name change if you are asked. Your email signature should reflect your new name. Again, if any one asks, you can coyly disclose your new status.



Congratulations!