Saturday 24 September 2011

I would like to deposit a business check into my personal account, how can I do this?

I have a $4000.00 check made out to my business name, yet I do not have a business account. (client accidently made it out this way %26amp; I cannot get it changed) so I would like to deposit it into my personal account or find means of cashing. There is nothing illegal in how I've gained check. please help!
I would like to deposit a business check into my personal account, how can I do this?
A business check becomes a non-negotiable item and MUST be deposited into that named business account.



Your only options at this point is:

A) Open that Business account, even if its a DBA (you might even see if your bank can make an exception and simply 'add' the DBA to your personal account and go from there...)

B) Go back to whomever wrote the check and have them re-issue the check in your name alone.



Hope that helps.
I would like to deposit a business check into my personal account, how can I do this?
Talk to your bank re this. You might be able to countersign it but you might be in trouble. You really do need a business bank account so that you can keep the records saparate from you.
contact your current bank and see if they can do anything for you or contact the person that wrote the check, have them void it and write out a new one to you personally.