Saturday 4 June 2011

How can I verify that my business name has changed?

Following the instructions on eHow.com using the article %26quot;How to Change the Name on a Federal EIN%26quot; , I sent a letter to the IRS indicating that my business name and address has changed. I sent this letter to the nearest IRS office since I have not yet needed to file a tax return (business has not yet had any financial activity to report). At any rate, I was wondering if there are any IRS agents out there that might know how I can verify if the name has been changed. Does the IRS send a confirmation letter back once the name / address change has been made? Is there somewhere on the IRS website where I can search to see if the name has officially changed? At any rate, any insight someone could give on the matter would be much appreciated. Searching the internet there is surprisingly little information on this subject.|||IRS is not the business to change your business name. Your business name needs to be registered thru the city or the state. IRS tracks your business by business tax ID which doesn%26#039;t change regardless of the name unless the nature of your business changes.